Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tinhorn Creek 2005 Oldfield's Collection

A Bucket of Wine and a Pail of Oysters

I am really a red wine fan, but I have discovered a white wine that I really love. Tinhorn Creek, Oldfield's Collection, "2 Bench" 2005. This is a complex blend from grapes grown on both benches in the South Okanagan-the eastern Black Sage Bench and the western Golden Mile Bench. This is a refreshing, lip smacking blend of Semillon 47%, Chardonnay 25%, Sauvignon Blanc 21% and Gewurztraminer 7%. Aromas of pears, tropical fruits and citrus notes with light pineapple flavors. The finish is clean. This wine will only get better with age. Now off to the back yard with my bucket of wine and my pail of oysters. Oh, did I mention that this is the perfect wine with Pacific, BC oysters?

No comments: