Saturday, October 15, 2011

Alkoomi 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon

This is a wine that I have been saving for some time. I have been tempted to open it several times and finally gave into the temptation. I have always wanted to use the term "elegant" and now I can!

Wow! This is an excellent wine at 10 years. A full body Cabernet Sauvignon at the peak of its development. Incredible depth. Black fruits with amazing balance. Some notes of spice on the back end, but predominantly a taste of fully ripe big sweet wild blueberry and an incredibly long satisfying finish.

Trust me although this is a wine that will pair nicely with an elegant meal, you will want to sit and sip (listening to some nice music - maybe some Ella Fitzgerald.)

Pairing: Rack of lamb, prime rib, ossobuco (any elegant meal)

Not available at LCBO

Recommendation: BUY

No comments: