Thursday, August 24, 2006

Osoyoos Larose 2002 Le Grand Vin

I was lucky enough to find a local organic vegetable market, and finally find the local Cheese shop, so tonight was a BBQ beef sausage, and organic vegetables night ... and Shropshire cheese for dessert. OMG, what wine should I choose? My office manager and friend Judy had bought me the Osoyoos Larose '02 for Christmas (at the insistense of the wine clerk since she knows nothing about wines) and I had been saving it for an occasion. Tonight was the night.

57% Merlot, 19% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Malbec, 7% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot. Medium bodied with lots of legs. Beautiful dark burgundy red. Notes of red fruit and berries. Solid tannins. A lovely clean finish.

The bottle label explains the experiment (how and why it is made), but the vines are so young that this can only get better with each new vintage. Definitely a keeper, but stay tuned for even better things to come.

No comments: