Sunday, February 06, 2011

Copper Moon Moonlight Harvest Shiraz (Non-vintage)

Q. What do you do when you have access to super-cheap overstocks of grapes from around the world?
A.Make this crap.

I decided to try this inexpensive "cellared in Canada" wine because the LCBO was promoting it. It was cheap and on an endcap display. Sadly the wine producer (Roundpetal Wines) paid more attention to the label design and marketing babble than they did to the wine. No complexity, little body and a heavy tannin aftertaste that lingers. I found that it even upset my stomach to the extent that I needed an anti-acid later in the evening. Its been many years since I have bought a dumper, but I can add this one to the list. Available at the LCBO. Recommendation: Don't even buy it to cook with it. Stick with VQA.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Also, shame on the LCBO for pushing this garbage